Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By revanche
  • 1 Post By Raccon
  • 1 Post By sneek

Buy computer parts in HK

Closed Thread

Buy computer parts in HK

Hi all,

My family and I live in shanghai and are travel occasionly to hk.
    On our next visit to hk I would like to buy some computer parts to build a computer from scratch, I would rather buy parts in hk as every time I buy any parts in shanghai they always break after about a week, and hk seems like there is more likely to be somewhere to buy quality parts.

in short:

Does anyone know any stores where:

• I can buy Quality computer parts
    • Preferably one where you have shopped before, I have been promised quality plenty of times
    • Preferably also a place where the staff speak at least a little bit of english

also, please dont tell me to order parts from newegg.com.cn, every time I order something to shanghai it takes about 3 months to get here, I am looking to buy things in hk

All of your preferences are not a problem at all! all computer shops that i've visited here in HK do speak English. My favorite computer center would be the Golden Computer Center in Sam Shui Po district.

As for prices you can check this website below. This one's in Mong Kok but their website has a fair amount of choices and ENGLISH translations for you to browse. Prices on this shop are about 10-50HKD more compared to my fave ones.:
    Jumbo Computer Supplies

For directions on how to get there, google will be your bestfriend.

lamnep likes this.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, ill be sure to check it out

I don't quite see how the quality should differ between HK and Shanghai if you buy branded products (e.g. Intel CPU, Sapphire graphics card ...), it's most likely made in China anyway. Or what parts are you referring to?

I am refering to standard mother board, cpu etc and I only ever buy from places which sell branded parts, however no matter what I buy it always seems to fail within a fairly small time period, despite it seeming completely legit.

Seeing as I am going to be in hk in a few days I figured it would be fairly easy to just buy parts there instead, it generally seems to me that I am more likely to find something which is good, as in high quality, in a shop in hk than I am in shanghai. Possibly untrue but just based on my experience the things I buy in hk seem to be 'better' than the things I buy in shanghai.

Fair enough, you should be able to find everything at the Golden Computer Center.

lamnep likes this.

thank you very much, judging from the suggestions I would say it appears that Golden Computer Center seems the be the place to go.

Thanks

Please avoid 6688 Computer!

I just came back thinking I got a great deal on a battery for my MacBook Pro. I throw it into my computer, and it was used...255 times!

I even asked three times if it was new! I paid 750HK for it too. Epic Fail!

lamnep likes this.