"Jumbo Computer" - does anyone have any experience buying from them?

Closed Thread

Question "Jumbo Computer" - does anyone have any experience buying from them?

Looking at buying a high power computer in HK. Came across this website offering what looks like some good deals:

Jumbo Computer Supplies

Are they reputable?

Thanks for any advice.

I will not deal with them since one of their sales staff was very rude to me when I tried to haggle price with them buying 2 WD raptors a while back, prior to that they tried to rip me off buying a Giga switch charging me $300 more claiming it was made in Japan, I did not know Netgear factories was in Japan..

Depending on the sales staff you deal with which for me, since they are the primary contact when buying anything from a store... The management needs to keep a eye on their sales staff..

They are alright and they stand behind their products, their prices are not that great, you can find anything they sell cheaper just by walking around SSP (Sham Shui Po Golden) and comparing a few prices.

From a scale of 1/10, I give them a 6 ... less than satisfactory but I would not tell people don't buy anything from them, just that if you go there, keep your eyes open and do your research before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomebody2:
    Depending on the sales staff you deal with which for me, since they are the primary contact when buying anything from a store... The management needs to keep a eye on their sales staff..
    this is not only happen in this place, I'm not satisfied from the computer sales guys in hong kong even if I buy a lot of computer staff every month.
    You need to be a bit more careful and judge more before buying anything, anyway, I found a few good guys in wan chai but i use to buy from sham shui po because of cheaper prices!

They're fine. I buy from them.

I also like the fact that I can email them ahead of time and they'll assemble my order for me and tell me what's in stock so that I can just pick it up and not deal with the hassle of dealing with some random sales guy.

As for haggling with the sales guys for a couple of dollars off here and there? I don't care. The profit margins of all these shops is already so low that many of them go out of business routinely. Just walk around the Golden Arcade near the first of any month and you'll see a bunch of vacant shops. I'd rather spend a bit more to keep a shop in business that I can work with.

Service in general is going to suck in HK. But these guys generally have the best prices. Although they are 'grey market', they do respect the standard 10 days return period for non-functional hardware. Past that you would have to go to the manufacturer for any warranty action.

Been dealing with Jumbo since 96. The first time I walked in I was unsure of them and the owner ..Bruce offered to give me my PC for nothing if I was unhappy with it. I decided to trust the guy and was very pleased with my purchase. I have since then bought stuff from him and at times they even refuse to take my money until I test it and am sure it works.

I HIGHLY recommend these guys and these are probably the best and most reliable guys in MKK.

Reputated ship, not really a bad shop, but not enough display room.

If u go to SSP, there are 3 big shops, Capital, Comdex and Centralfield

yes, I have ever buy from jumbo
    I commend it
    it's reputable,
    but for some of the items, you have to pickup in it's warehouse in another building nearby, the salesman will give you a map upon request
    thank you