UK IP address

Closed Thread

UK IP address

I'm British and I keep seeing videos on the BBC website, skysports website etc that I can't view because I'm not in UK. Also there is BBC iplayer etc...

I recently tried getting a VPN account for a small monthly fee but it was painfully slow (Couldn't even think about streaming a video). Anyone know if there's a way to get a reasonably quick UK IP?

This is especially useful if I go to china, as I do occassionally, where whole websites are often blocked.

Maybe switch vpns? I used my-private-network and it was ok, but a bit rough for streaming. I then switched to overplay which seems a bit faster. Strong vpn is also pretty highly recommended on the review sites.

But you really are at the mercy of the pipes in your building and across the continent. I use my VPN for iPlayer downloads and it works pretty well. I streamed about 90 minutes of stuff today with only a two minor buffering incidents.

I think at peak times (i.e. evening time) you are going to experience some issues with streaming and even more so when you are using a VPN.

I did give streaming a good try, but the constant buffering and poor quality led me to just start downloading everything and watch things at my pleasure, and where possible, in HD.

ok thanks both. I can't even rememeber the name of the vpn i used before, but i'll try the suggestions. Yeah i like downloading, sometimes torrents are CRAZY fast in hk.. So much faster than in uk, so you win some you lose some! But unfortunately i'm a victim of british upbringing and so a hypnotic yearning for things only available in uk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Have U tried UKNOVA? I download all my british shows from their.
    Most populars shows on terrestrital UK telly available for download.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    But fortunately i'm a victim of british upbringing and so a hypnotic yearning for things only available in uk.
    I fixed that for you Try theparadox.com for a lot of British shows to download.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    I misquoted you Try theparadox.com for a lot of British shows to download.
    Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Penguinsix: which ISP are you using?