how expensive are PC?

Closed Thread

how expensive are PC?

I am moving from France to Hong kong in August and I was wondering if I where to buy my PC.
    does somebody know how much it is in Hong KOng, and if it's less expensive then in France?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

The prices of PC's (especially assembled ones) in HK are some of the cheapest and most competitive in the world. The prices of PC's would entirely depend on what you components/products you choose to assemble them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    The prices of PC's would entirely depend on what you components/products you choose to assemble them with.
    thanks for the answer.

actually, I don't know anything about PC, I just want a laptop, with the usual softwares, dvd and engraver if possible and access to the net!
    Last edited by morgane; 25-03-2004 at 01:16 AM.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

try DELL ........

www.dell.com.hk

Thanks , I will!

Lightbulb Pc

Quote Originally Posted by morgane:
    I am moving from France to Hong kong in August and I was wondering if I where to buy my PC.
    does somebody know how much it is in Hong KOng, and if it's less expensive then in France?
    It depends what you are going for. If you want the price competitiveness of a custom-built, or the multinational guarantee of a Hewlett Packard. You can get a very good pc with monitor (15" LCD) for around HK$11,000. A similar custom-built will cost HK$8,000-9000. You can get up-to-date performance for this. The one problem with a custom is, if something breaks you have to figure out what it is (not easy I assure you) and then go to the manufacturer NVIDIA for example and get them to replace it. Hope the info is useful

Lightbulb More computer help

Quote Originally Posted by oturnbull03:
    It depends what you are going for. If you want the price competitiveness of a custom-built, or the multinational guarantee of a Hewlett Packard. You can get a very good pc with monitor (15" LCD) for around HK$11,000. A similar custom-built will cost HK$8,000-9000. You can get up-to-date performance for this. The one problem with a custom is, if something breaks you have to figure out what it is (not easy I assure you) and then go to the manufacturer NVIDIA for example and get them to replace it. Hope the info is useful
    Hewlett Packard are good, just got new one 1 month ago. Bought online @ www.hp.com.hk Dell are better for office setups, but you can see if they stock what you want. Try Fortress, it is a major electronics retailer, and prices are competitive you can try out the models aswell and guided around the machine by a helpful sales assistant.

thanks for your reply, I should now manage to find something good for me!

Erm... you forget the biggest price difference! It's completely TAX FREE here... so it's actually cheaper to buy here than in China or for that matter, everywhere else in the world.