MultiSIM in Hong Kong (one in phone & one in iPad or USB 3G stick)

Closed Thread

MultiSIM in Hong Kong (one in phone & one in iPad or USB 3G stick)

Do HK telecomes such as 3 issue second SIM cards to be used on 3G USB modems or iPads without the need for a second contract?

I've seen that a recent iTunes and iOS update allows German Telekom customers to use the same contract in their phone with a second SIM in another device. Before that the iPad would try to pickup any incoming phone calls (which of course didn't work). You can now use your phone as usual and use the second SIM for data on the other device. You don't have to get a separate contract for the computer or iPad or whatever.

I think many years ago you could just clone your GSM SIM cards by yourself with a cheap device from Sham Shui Po, but I doubt this works in this age and the new encrypted SIMs?!

Multisim is not allowed at three.... I wanted a second card for my BMW. Not possible. I was wondering whether there is still a shop in whatever computer center that could illegally make a copy for me so that i could still use both

I am not sure if that would be possible. I read somewhere that these SIM card duplicators only work for very old GSM standard cards, but not for the higher technology nowadays. Maybe I've read that even here on geoexpat somewhere.