Like Tree1Likes

A question on Adobe

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Only you and Apple seem to have this theoretical problem with Flash. I run it fine on Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Ubuntu, Android OS and even on my Mac.... and thousands of websites across the world have run Flash just fine for years.

However, magically Apple say it can't run on the iPhone... and you parrot this line as if it's actually true.

Where did I say it can't run on iPhone? I didn't. I've experienced problems with Flash previously on websites we built, and the software has been the culprit of many a browser crash. So no I don't buy this Flash is holier than thou crap and simply MUST be used or else the Internet is unusable. Alternatives are coming along which are well worth a look at but will take time to come to fruition due to both skills shortages and unwillingness to change.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yes yes, keep repeating whatever Steve Jobs tells you. Clap clap, good boy!

That is all you have for your retort? Interesting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Well if you refuse to address any of the points, then there isn't much else to say.

What points? OK your points.

1. You like Flash - not entirely unique there
    2. You've used Flash across many platforms - nothing unique there either
    3. You believe everyone should use Flash because of points 1 and 2
    4. Nobody apart from Apple has an issue with Flash

So let's take point 4. Nobody apart from Apple? Are you sure?

US-CERT recommends blocking Flash. Symantec states that remote code execution in Flash was the second most attacked vulnerability in 2009. McAfee reckons Adobe software will the primary for attacks in 2010. Charlie Miller recommends not to install Flash. It goes on and on. Add Flash cookies and scores of CVE vulnerabilities, almost half of which are ranked highly severe and it seems that a few more people than just Steve Jobs have an issue with it.

Suppose though that makes them all fanboys too? Still I'm sure you can convince them all that there are no problems as you haven't had any yourself. I'll wait for the feedback on that one.

Nobody is denying there are security holes in Flash, just as there are security holes in all operating systems, browers, add-ons and technologies. Safari, IE, Firefox all have holes, as does Java, Javascript, Flash, HTML5 and every other technology ever developed or being developed.

The most popular ones have the most attacks - hackers target the most popular platforms like Windows, IE, Firefox, Javascript or Flash over OS/2 Warp, Safari, Chrome etc etc.

If you seriously believe Flash is the biggest security problem out there there good luck to you. I guess you don't believe your entire iPhone can be rooted and reprogrammed simply by visiting a website without Flash? Oh wait, that would be an Apple bug and only Flash has nasty bugs in it according to you.

Ever if it was as buggy as you claim, it should be up to the consumer what he or she chooses to run. Name me one other company that refuses to let Flash run on their computer, operating system, browser or whatever... none... only you need nannying by Jobs to let you know what you can and can't run.

Where again did I say only Flash has bugs? Again you either have problems reading or you go off on a tangent and makes statements based on pretty much nothing.

"The most popular ones have the most attacks.." Yeah really, no shit.

I pretty much don't like Flash, which most people would have got through their skulls by now but you only associate not liking Flash with liking Apple? How does that work? World, black, white, no shade?

The whole point, which you can't get through your head is that nobody is saying you have to like Flash, nobody is saying you don't want to install it if you have to.

Jobs is saying NONE of us can use Flash on our iPhones, he is forcing us to be locked out of websites we visit.

That is one reason I won't buy another iPhone.

For the record, I also have both safari and firefox crashing when loading flash websites. I don't really care whose fault it is, I just want it fixed.