Camera connection - need IT help

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camera connection - need IT help

ok i bought this wireless camera that has its own IP address, which i am trying to link up to my computer.

i connect the lan cable from the camera to the lan port in the linksys router. the network sign on the camera shows that it has connection.

then i am using a 'camera search' tool provided by the manufacturer off a cd-rom but it cant find it. it says that the camera is probably not properly connected to the network.

i then also used the camera control tool provided by the manufacturer and tried to find the camera from within the settings. it did find it once under 192.168.1.100 and i was able to access the camera through a browser. when trying to set it up through the browser, i was asked to type in a new IP address (as per manufacturer's manual) which i did. then the browser window closed and since then i can neither find it through the camera control tool, nor access it through the browser under its old or new IP.

anyone has any good idea what could be the problem?

What new address did you type in?

uh tough questions. i typed in
    IP address: 192.168.100.173
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: 192.168.100.1
    Primary DNS: 192.168.100.1
    Secondary DNS: blank

Secondary port: Enable HTTP Secondary port: 8000
    RTSP Pport: 554

I am starting to suspect that the above numbers - which were given in the setup sheet that i have in front of me - are actually just sample numbers and i should have put in my own router numbers which would be
    etc.

I think you're probably right

sorry dont know what IP block means...

also: initially i could access the camera under 192.168.1.100

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I think you're probably right
    but now i cannot access that camera setup page anymore, so how to change?

ok great. did a hardware reboot and fixed the IP for the cam. i also changed the default gateway to my own and it works as long as i connect the cam to my router through a LAN cable.

now next step would be to make it work wireless. on the wireless setup page for the camera:
    - there is a PIN code for the camera (given)
    - Network type: i chose 'ad-hoc' (instead of infrastructure)
    - SSID: I chose the name that i have given in my router
    - Domain: I chose Asia, but not sure what this means as i have to chose something but never came across this
    - channel number: i chose 6 (same as in the router)
    - then under security, i chose WEP (same as in router) as opposed to 'disabled'
    - authentication type i chose 'open system' as opposed to shared key (in my router this is set to automatic)
    - then WEP encryption and the passkey is the same as in the router

i then tried to unplug the LAN cable between camera and router, power-off/on the camera, but somehow it cannot establish the network wireless.

any further tips on where the mistake could be?

by the way, i have DDNS disabled (both in router and camera setup) as i do not have any domain name, account/email and password with any of the providers

It should be "infrastructure" for a start. Try turning the encryption off on the router and the camera and getting it working that way, then worry about getting the encryption working.

the infrastructure thing made the difference! thanks a lot.

now my final task is to get it accessible from my office...let's see tomorrow

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast