Apple stores in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    You could have atleast confirmed their website url worked before posting
    Well Discobay, I am sorry if I did not double checked it, but I just copied it from their business card and I was just trying to help!

I bought mine there

Hi try the central IFC lifestyle store. I bought my macbook there months ago and they were very helpful in doing the file transfer for me. All i need to do is just leave the laptop, old pc hard disk and ipod with them for an afternoon and everything is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerina:
    Try Lifestyle Store, they are authorized apple resellers, they have stores in Causeway Bay, Centra IFC Mall, Shatin, Beijing and an used Mac store in Wanchai. There website is www.designergroup.com.hk.
    I have not bouhgt anything there, but they came to fix the problem I had with my powerbook.

Ballerina

Quote Originally Posted by ballerina:
    Well Discobay, I am sorry if I did not double checked it, but I just copied it from their business card and I was just trying to help!
    No offence intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel:
    Hi try the central IFC lifestyle store. I bought my macbook there months ago and they were very helpful in doing the file transfer for me. All i need to do is just leave the laptop, old pc hard disk and ipod with them for an afternoon and everything is working well.
    i have the same good experiences with them as well. I went there last week on monday asked them about the mid-configuration and ram upgrade. At monday they only got the low configuration and black macbook in stock so i had to wait. The sales supervisor was willing to give me hk$500 discount if i placed an order. I placed an order that monday and on wednesday i got a call that my macbook arrived. Only unfortunate thing was the mini-dvi to vga adapter i ordered along with my macbook. They didnt have any stock and i will be called when they get stock. I'ts friday and i am leaving HK on tuesday and still no word from them.

Did you order the core duo or core 2 duo Macbook?

Well, actually buying macbook in HK is cheaper than US (most states). Simply because there is no sale tax in HK. Otherwise, they're pretty much same price everywhere.
    Unless you order online and they do have US$75-$100 rebate, then you may beat the HK price.
    Also, I'm not sure if you buy macbook in US, does it come with international warranty? This may be other reason to buy it at HK if you decide to stay at HK awhile.

Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerAle:
    Well, actually buying macbook in HK is cheaper than US (most states). Simply because there is no sale tax in HK. Otherwise, they're pretty much same price everywhere.
    Unless you order online and they do have US$75-$100 rebate, then you may beat the HK price.
    Also, I'm not sure if you buy macbook in US, does it come with international warranty? This may be other reason to buy it at HK if you decide to stay at HK awhile.

Just my opinion!
    I disagree. when I was working in USA I purchased a Mac just before coming back to HK. Got the machine just a day before the moving company took my stuff away.

You have to buy it online and in my case I had no sales tax to pay (I was in Illinois). Go to http://dealmac.com/ or similar discount tracking site and see what you get when you do a search.

The price I can get from these online shop you will never get in HK even for Japanese products I guess the reason is imported volume (you will never sell 1 million PS3 in HK) and rental cost for the local shops.

I would be very happy if somebody could prove me wrong (for Apple related products at least) but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Did you order the core duo or core 2 duo Macbook?
    sorry for my late reply, has been some hectic time for me. I'm back to Holland now ( left HK at 28th of november ) and Cathay Pacific managed to lose my bagage so i had been busy with tracing it and i just started with a new job so no time to check this forum.

Anyway, it was the new c2d macbook. I also got my mini-dvi to vga adapter now.

philippe,
    That's what I said - "Unless you order online and they do have US$75-$100 rebate, then you may beat the HK price."
    And I know Amazon have free shipping and no sale tax (at least for CA.)
    Anyway, we're talking about USD$75-100 difference. My major concern is the warranty. So does it come w/ international warranty? Also, how's the Apple service in HK? I mean AppleCare.

Please let me know your experience. Becasue I need to decide to buy it at US or HK in next few weeks.

Thanks!

apple warranty

Apple warranty is international. I've confirmed this many times with them before buying my own. You can call the apple store customer service if you want to confirm this for yourself!

And as for Applecare, I would recommend purchasing it because although most "warranty plans" are usually a rip off, the applecare is definitely worth it.

Anyway, without the Applecare, you are covered for a few months on various hardware.....

Go Apple, you won't regret it

*a happy Mac user for 10 years....