Like Tree1Likes

Selling iPad 2.... and will there be a shortage?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    So why is it I am hearing on facebook it is coming out or they are getting them tomorrow?!?!?
    But is it on the apple website?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    But is it on the apple website?

No it is not. Just my friends on Facebook talking about getting them soon...

I figured out the price is the same in HK and Ozzie.... the difference is that VAT on the Australian version that takes the price upto 6820....
    Last edited by Fenix2; 12-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Umm, if I were the friend who purchased the Ipad at the request of the other friend who backed out of the deal, this is what I'd do:

1. Sell the ipad for best offer in HK with as little hassle as possible.
    2. Insist the friend who placed the order and backed out of the deal to cover the difference if a break-even price is not attainable.
    3. Depending of the results of step 2, insist on prepayment of any "orders" from said friend in the future.

Last edited by huja; 12-04-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    I figured out the price is the same in HK and Ozzie.... the difference is that VAT on the Australian version that takes the price upto 6820....
    If she took it out of the country she should have been able to claim the GST rebate at the airport - getting back almost all of the extra 10%
    Fenix2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Umm, if I were the friend who purchased the Ipad at the request of the other friend who backed out of the deal, this is what I'd do:

Sell the ipad for best offer in HK with as little hassle as possible. Insist the friend who placed the order and backed out to cover the difference.
    You sound like you are in the banking industry? That is how the banks are dealing with people who default on their mortgages in Spain.

I've digressed. seems like a have a buyer or two lining up.... at HK$6820

Apple HK have just announced a press conference next Thursday 21st. I guess this will be the ipad2 launch.

Fenix2, if you've got buyers at $6820, you better sell it quick before these idiots wake up and realise they can get it for $4888 next Thursday.

Last edited by bdw; 12-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Apple HK have just announced a press conference next Thursday 21st. I guess this will be the ipad2 launch.

Fenix2, if you've got buyers at $6820, you better sell it quick before these idiots wake up and realise they can get it for $4888 next Thursday.
    Depending on stock availability....

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Depending on stock availability....
    True, although I dont think the ipad has the same kind of crazy shortages as the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    True, although I dont think the ipad has the same kind of crazy shortages as the iphone.
    Trying to tell us something that you know but can't say?

I signed up to be notified on the Apple website but haven't heard a peep out of them.