Like Tree15Likes

How to sue HKBB100 for providing fake info about overseas 30m speed?actual is less than 1m

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question How to sue HKBB100 for providing fake info about overseas 30m speed?actual is less than 1m

HKBB100 the worst ISP and service in the whole world...i got it few weeks ago n im gonna regret for 2 years. The overseas speed is less than 1m...its almost 700k. If someone can tell me how to sue HKBB100 for telling the speed for overseas to be above 30m but its below 1m. They provide fake info on internet and spoken.

Did you read on their dedicated speed to your area an the TOS, before you signed up?

And do you understand the difference between bits per second and bytes per second?

Quote Originally Posted by royrulzz
    HKBB100 the worst ISP and service in the whole world...i got it few weeks ago n im gonna regret for 2 years. The overseas speed is less than 1m...its almost 700k. If someone can tell me how to sue HKBB100 for telling the speed for overseas to be above 30m but its below 1m. They provide fake info on internet and spoken.
    I think you need to go to a good litigator, pay him HK$5,000. Then he will explain to you the Terms and Condition, maybe explain how the internet works and how for HK$168 bandwidth is not guranteed... Then you should ignore it all, go home, upgrade HKBN to 1Gbit (1024Mbit for you), then come back here and tell us how you are still getting 1Mbit.
    Last edited by Fenix2; 13-04-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    bdw and InigoMontoya like this.

U guys are hypocrytes. I heard a person sued them without a lawyer n he got upgraded to 1000m for free. But 1000 is also bullshi*

U guys are hypocrytes. I heard a person sued them without a lawyer n he got upgraded to 1000m for free. But 1000 is also bullshi*
    If, you are serious in suing them. There's a free lawyer consultation firm or group in Hk. 45 minutes of consultation is free.

If you really want to Sue them you can do it yourself at the small claims tribunal.

Also contact the OFTA and consumer council to report a complaint.

Finally have a look at contacting the media,like the SCMP.

Do let us know how you get along.

Zenon likes this.

What kind of method you are using to measure overseas speed?

So you just want a free upgrade to 1Gbit?

If I may highlight something...
    Today has been a hilarious day on Geoexpat, where either people are losing the plot or there is a lot of crack being consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    And do you understand the difference between bits per second and bytes per second?
    I think he doesn't.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast