• I don't think any problem with Apple, I will wait

2 8.70%
  • Any other answer - please specify

2 8.70%
Like Tree20Likes

Will you wait for iPad 2 in May 2011 ?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Picked up two at the store on Granville Road around 5 pm today.

Original Post Deleted
    Do you have any proof to back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Compared to the competition the iPad is actually cheap.

Also part of the clever marketing, to bridge the time to the arrival of the iPhone 5. 'This changes everything. Again.'
    If you think 5K is cheap for something that does virtually nothing really well then I guess marketing does work. Ohh look I can watch a movie or play a game for 5K and even listen to music. Goodie, it fits in my LV bag just perfect. Mmm, I don't want to put it there though, no one will be able to see me with it...

Is it a big phone? A small computer that can't really what you can do on a proper one and with no storage... Or is it really just a toy?

Clever marketing or stupid customers? I simply must have a white cover one because it matches my new Prada shoes... If my father and grandfather came back to life and they found out that people paid nearly 1000US for a phone, they'd probably die on the spot either laughing or crying. I'm not sure which...
    Last edited by gilleshk; 30-04-2011 at 08:01 PM.

What's interesting is that ipad 1 is no longer available for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    If you think 5K is cheap for something that does virtually nothing really well then I guess marketing does work. Ohh look I can watch a movie or play a game for 5K and even listen to music. Goodie, it fits in my LV bag just perfect. Mmm, I don't want to put it there though, no one will be able to see me with it...
    Learn reading - I didn't say it was cheap, I said it's cheaper than the competition. It's not my concern what people spend their money on, many lifestyle products are expensive compared to what they offer. I don't own one and don't want one.
    Last edited by Raccon; 30-04-2011 at 11:20 PM.

According to you which one in category of Tablets, provides value for money ??

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Learn reading - I didn't say it was cheap, I said it's cheaper than the competition. It's not my concern what people spend their money on, many lifestyle products are expensive compared to what they offer. I don't own one and don't want one.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    What's interesting is that ipad 1 is no longer available for sale?
    It is available on the online store - look at the special offer/refurbished iPad section.
    dumbdonkey likes this.

so when are the IPad 2's going to be available again ? Anyone know?

I think its needless discussion here. My opinion - it was superb marketing strategy.
    - There is an artificial scarcity created in the market. People panic when there is a scarcity,
    - Its additional 100 % mouth to mouth publicity which is the best in the world.
    - next few of lots will be sold like hot cake
    - People who never intended to buy may also buy

Hats off to marketing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by veena19:
    According to you which one in category of Tablets, provides value for money ??
    I think it depends what you want to do, which user interface you prefer and what screen size you want. If you want flexibility with the software and tweak around then an Android device might be for you, but if on the other hand you like Apple's user interface and don't mind that you are dependent on iTunes and the App Store then go the iPad route.