Like Tree2Likes

ASUS EEE Transformer Fondleslab in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

They sold out in uk on first day. Only ones left are ones without keyboard dock. They totally underestimated demand.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    pin / psmaverick : have you seen it anywhere?
    You mean the Iconia? Yes. But the Transformer, No! Did hear the common excuse of trouble with the component supplies from Japan.
    Last edited by PSMaverick; 08-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Picked one up in mongkok today, but without keyboard
    Ok time's up! What's the verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Ok time's up! What's the verdict?
    Have had a VERY quick play around with it today, just been busy with other things.

So far so good. Basically its an Android but on a bigger screen, which is exactly what I wanted.

Standard price, HK$3998 for the 16GB version.

Still in my bag, am busy dealing with other things today.
    Can you tell me where you got yours from?

I'm transiting thru HK today (I'll be there for 4 days) but I was hoping to get one of these before I head home to Canada.

However, is that price 'standard'? The Canadian price seems to be almost $100cdn less then what it is being sold in HK (only issue is finding one in stock in Canada!).

Quote Originally Posted by Gujustud:
    Can you tell me where you got yours from?

I'm transiting thru HK today (I'll be there for 4 days) but I was hoping to get one of these before I head home to Canada.

However, is that price 'standard'? The Canadian price seems to be almost $100cdn less then what it is being sold in HK (only issue is finding one in stock in Canada!).
    Based on your name I presume you are from a region in North West India and think you are a bit of a stud?

Re where I got the tab from it was Broadway in Mongkok. I think they now have a bit more in terms of supply, so you should be able to pick it up from a bunch of retailers in HK. I however do suggest you head to Mongkok.

Re price, HK$3998 is the official retail price in HK and yes its more expensive than in North America (but then again so are most computer products these days).

Based on your name I presume you are from a region in North West India and think you are a bit of a stud?
    ROTFL!!! I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, or a joke, or a insult, but because I'm in a good mood, I'll say compliment! I'm actually from Canada (born and raised there), but my grandparents were yes, born in Gujarat in India (my parents on the other hand were born in East Africa). It's not often people pick apart my nickname, but your the first (and to get it right as well!). I put that nickname together over 12+ years ago and still use it to this day (as it's almost always available on forums ) You'd have to ask my wife if she thinks I'm a 'stud' or not, frankly I couldn't care :P

Re where I got the tab from it was Broadway in Mongkok. I think they now have a bit more in terms of supply, so you should be able to pick it up from a bunch of retailers in HK. I however do suggest you head to Mongkok.

Re price, HK$3998 is the official retail price in HK and yes its more expensive than in North America (but then again so are most computer products these days).
    Thanks! Heading over to Mongkok today. I'll do some searching and try my luck at getting a good price on it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gujustud:
    ROTFL!!! I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, or a joke, or a insult, but because I'm in a good mood, I'll say compliment! I'm actually from Canada (born and raised there), but my grandparents were yes, born in Gujarat in India (my parents on the other hand were born in East Africa). It's not often people pick apart my nickname, but your the first (and to get it right as well!). I put that nickname together over 12+ years ago and still use it to this day (as it's almost always available on forums ) You'd have to ask my wife if she thinks I'm a 'stud' or not, frankly I couldn't care :P
    Yep, kinda figured you were from Maple Leaf Syrup land, but of guju descent.

BTW, I'm like your folks.

What, born in east africa and have a studmuffin of gujurat descent for a son?

rotfl! you guys crack me up!

So I went around HK today, and as mentioned, $4k seems to be the price for the transformer (found a few places with it in stock). But after conversion $540cdn just seems way to rich for my blood to get one right away. I'm not in a HUGE rush to get one and paying $90+ seems a bit much (specially when I need to get a new phone as my X10 just crapped out on me).

Last edited by Gujustud; 24-05-2011 at 07:30 PM.