Internet and TV providers

Closed Thread

Internet and TV providers

Hi,

I am new in Hong Kong and I would like to have internet at home and as well TV with english programs (I am not looking for broadband TV for the laptop... I want to watch the tv on a TV) Can you help me to know which provider to choose?

I only now netvigator and now (I think they are the same thing PCCV) and HKBN

Thanks

Thanks,

Internet... I mean broadband at home. Unfortunately I think that i can´t have HKBN in Lamma Island.
    I am checking PCCW, but I am not sure what is the difference in between NETVIGATOR and PCCW.

With NowTV do you need to sign a contract of 12/18/24 months or is it a rolling contract?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jlm.dominguez:
    I am checking PCCW, but I am not sure what is the difference in between NETVIGATOR and PCCW.
    PCCW is the ISP (internet service provider), their broadband service is called netvigator, their TV service now TV. Now TV is actually IPTV but you get a set-top box with it so you can watch it on a TV.

With NowTV do you need to sign a contract of 12/18/24 months or is it a rolling contract?
    You need to sign a contract but you can bundle now TV with the broadband to get better prices. I think they throw in a landline, too. The contract duration depends on your negotiation skills. Insist on excluding any kind of value added services. READ before you sign.
    Last edited by Raccon; 07-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.

thank you very much!

I am not happy with PCCW dominance and monopoly but it is heads and shoulders above others