Prices and reliable shops for SSD/RAM

Closed Thread

Prices and reliable shops for SSD/RAM

was wondering if anyone can recommend some good shops for getting an SSD and RAM.

I need specific RAM for my MacBook Pro:
    8.0GB (2x4.0GB Kit) PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SO-DIMM 204 Pin CL9 SO-DIMM
    or
    16.0GB (8GBx2) PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SO-DIMM 204 Pin CL9 SO-DIMM

I also need a specific SSD:
    Intel 510 Series 250GB
    or
    Intel 320 Series 300GB
    or
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 240GB
    or

Anyone know prices and shops for these items?

I presume you've checked Jumbo to see if they have the prices?

Jumbo Computer Supplies - 珍寶電腦公司

My preference for all my Rig's gear, even for enthusiast grade stuff...

all in SSP
    Central Field
    Capitol Computer Ltd.
    YC Computer (2nd floor) << sells a lot of EVGA and Corsair stuff mainly, Corsair makes ram so they may have what you are looking for..

That 16GB ram might be a bit hard to find (not sure about the 8GB), and even if you find it, they will charge you a arm and a leg for it, they claim they need to order it but chances are, they are ordering it from US Corsair, Crucial, or whatever... I ordered some ECC Crucials a while back direct from Crucial, the price was half of what I was quoted in HK..

If you don't mind buying through the internet. I use this place for all my MAC ram. It's quality is equal to the Apple store. It's way cheaper than any store I have seen (in the US, I haven't checked here for RAM) It's only $15US to ship to here, which is still cheaper than buying RAM from Apple.

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

Just a note of caution, I have bought RAM that was not of good quality and the results were a serious pain in the arse. Be sure you buy it from a reputable place and it's compatible for MAC's.

Will be buying a MBP soon and want to put in a ssd from a third party as well. Can anyone recommend a reputable shop that can assemble this for me? Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Molie:
    Will be buying a MBP soon and want to put in a ssd from a third party as well. Can anyone recommend a reputable shop that can assemble this for me? Thanks so much.
    Macbook pros do not need a shop to assemble a new HDD/SSD or RAM. you can do this yourself easily by getting a screw kit and the drive from 3rd party retailers.

I ended up using OWC in USA, they have international shipping, and it seems their cost is better then ive found here and the quality is excellent compared to any ive tried before. plus they have 30 day moneyback trial on SSD, only one in industry to offer this and 5 year warranty. plus their SSD is rated as fastest possible.

btw...OWC also offers instructional videos showing how to replace the parts in all mac devices, as well as how easy it is to replace optical drives with secondary SSD/HDD

I use the Wan Chai Computer Market for all my parts. They even have old SD Ram which can be difficult to find.