Like Tree7Likes

HP TouchPad Prices Slashed Drastically: USD 99 for 16GB Model, USD 149 for 32GB

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Kinda' harsh, don't you think? It's not like they are price gouging water in a drought or food during a famine. We're talking about a toy. A diversion. It is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. And as the sayings go

A fool and his money are . . . .
    A sucker is born . . .

And maybe these resellers end up overplaying their hands and end up stuck with inventory and selling at a loss.
    these highway robbers are charging extortion prices, no difference to a ticket tout, understandable if you trying double your money, but at 5 times the price of the actual price is just pure greed

if that the case, if we allow ourselves to sucumb to these tw@ts, then an iphone 5 32gb should start selling from HK$24,000 per unit prior to official hk release.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    these highway robbers are charging extortion prices, no difference to a ticket tout, understandable if you trying double your money, but at 5 times the price of the actual price is just pure greed

if that the case, if we allow ourselves to sucumb to these tw@ts, then an iphone 5 32gb should start selling from HK$24,000 per unit prior to official hk release.
    I think we'll just agree to disagree. The iphone is not essential to my survival/safety nor my ability to do my job. For non-essential items I decide what it's worth to me and I either pay it (not just money, but time and effort; i.e. waiting in line to buy the product) or just wait until the price converges with what I think the product is worth.

On a bit of a tangent but still related, I do think it's bad business for Apple (per your example) to let resellers determine market value. It tells me they mispriced it to begin with and/or gave distributors way too much control.
    Last edited by huja; 24-08-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Available in Mongkok and Golden/SSP (obviously grey imports) - HKD1-2k for the 16GB version.
    Errrr -- where?
    As I reported on another thread the other day.
    Last day of the SSP computer fair. I only saw one person selling. HKD2999 ( 16gb ).
    I offered him HKD750 but was declined. He looked bemused.
    I told him to catch up on current events.
    My mate talked to the same guy yesterday - same response.

I have not seen one on the Golden for some time and certainly not discounted.
    Best buy on Golden is the Archos 10 @ 999. In SSP same thing is still 1980.

HP resurrects TouchPad for one last go at the iPad

I think this song summaries HP's strategy very succinctly . . .
    luckycat likes this.

lenovo has annouced a wifi only 7" tablet for around HK$1700, runs on android, could be good

[IFA 2011] Lenovo outs IdeaPad A1 - 7" Gingerbread tablet with 1GHz CPU for $199

HP looking to sell WebOS . . . a.k.a. How to turn a dollar into ten cents.
    My favorite lines
    The future of the unit, which HP acquired when it bought Palm in 2010, was in jeopardy after the company decided to kill its webOS-based TouchPad tablet following poor sales.

An HP spokesman said "we are exploring ways to optimize the webOS software," and declined to further comment.
    Yes, optimize by doing away with the hardware that runs the software. Comedy genius.

Awww, hell. Just give it away for free . . . HP Solution for webOS: Make it open-source and free

Q: What's better than buying a discontinued, soon-to-be unsupported HP Touchpad? . . .

A: Buying a broken, discontinued, soon-to-be unsupported HP Touchpad that has been fixed and repackaged for sale for $70us more than a new one was selling for a few months ago. But hurry, you only have 24 hours to jump at this opportunity.

paul9 likes this.

Don't tell Boris but I just bought FIFTY!!!!!!! Bwa ha ha ha ha

I'm over that - with my Galaxy tethered to my ZEPAD.