96% of all page views in China are local

96% of all page views in China are local

Interest yes.

The Great Firewall is such a great success in controlling the population there. The government must be given credit for a successful campaign.

I remember seeing an interview from the guy who runs danwei.org there and how effective it was in controlling content.

that reminds me to get my vpn organised .....

Last edited by virago; 23-08-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Actually there is a link there to another article to say that Google+ is blocked there. Here is an exert from it....

Google+ now joins the hallowed ranks of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LiveLeak, Vimeo, FriendFeed, Posterous, HootSuite, Seesmic, BBC blogs, WordPress free blogs, Orkut, Bebo, LinkedIns brief blockage (though, in a rare case, they returned from the brink), FlipBoard, a whole bunch of Google web apps, and thousands of dissident websites all blocked in the country in an attempt to stop people here from using the sites for reading or communication.

Quote Originally Posted by virago
    The Great Firewall is such a great success in controlling the population there. The government must be given credit for a successful campaign.

I remember seeing an interview from the guy who runs danwei.org there and how effective it was in controlling content.
    Well, according to Senator Jay Rockefeller the internet 'should never have been invented' and should be shut down completely. Additionally, new US Ambassador to China, Gary Locke, has been pushing for Americans to require a virtual ID to access the web. Anonymity would no longer be an option:

Jay Rockefeller: Internet should have never existed - YouTube!

White House releases trusted Internet ID plan - security, government, Google, Gary Locke, Center for Democracy and Technology, Access control and authentication - Techworld

Make no mistake - tighter regulations on the internet are coming wherever you are.

It would be more interesting to find non-English speaking countries that don't follow that trend.