What has happened to Speedtest?

Closed Thread

What has happened to Speedtest?

The website is still there, but it's changed design and hitting "start test" does not result in anything happening. It says it is selecting servers based on ping, and then just flashes a triangle.

Can anyone else figure it out? Is there some new button you have to press or something? It used to come up with a dial and you watched the upload and download happening etc etc. I cannot find any of that anymore.

works fine for me.

press the green triangle.

Works fine for me, i just hit "Start Test" and it went through the usual steps and displayed the result:

Name:  speed_test.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  131.3 KB

Yup, same here - works fine.
    But yes....it took a little while (like 20-30 sec) before the test started after pressing the "Begin Test" button

Last edited by pepe77; 11-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.

In HK you should really use the Government one if you want to compare locally
    OFTA Broadband Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    In HK you should really use the Government one if you want to compare locally
    OFTA Broadband Speed Test
    If you can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    If you can get it to work.
    Never had aproblem with it... Initial load can be a bit slow sometimes, patience is a virtue

OK - perhaps I was too impatient. Of course, the only reason you open one of those sites is if the internet is sluggish anyway so perhaps that was why nothing appeared to happen!

I get 1mbps with PCCW, and I also have Now TV...does that sound right? I tried several speed tests and direct line and router connections. In in a building on midlevels built in 1999. My TV sometimes freezes too. perhaps I should call somebody

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    I get 1mbps with PCCW, and I also have Now TV...does that sound right? I tried several speed tests and direct line and router connections. In in a building on midlevels built in 1999. My TV sometimes freezes too. perhaps I should call somebody
    Sounds slow to me.