Like Tree1Likes

Using "find my iphone" on a Galaxy Tab

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Using "find my iphone" on a Galaxy Tab

I need to use the "Find my iphone" (which requires logging into icloud) on a Galaxy Tab. I've tried four browsers on the tab so far, each one says "unsupported browser" and then crashes. Firefox got the furthest - I did at least get the login screen on that - but it then just says "communication error" (even when connected via a very good wifi connection, so there is no error that this end). It's working fine on a pc, so it's not that either.

Any ideas?

find my iphone is for ios.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    find my iphone is for ios.
    You can use any PC (including windows) and variety of browsers to log into icloud and find your iphone. That's all I am trying to do - use my tab as a pc.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You can use any PC (including windows) and variety of browsers to log into icloud and find your iphone. That's all I am trying to do - use my tab as a pc.
    change the user agent of your tab broswer to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    change the user agent of your tab broswer to desktop.
    How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    How do I do that?
    Google "change user agent for galaxy tab browser"

ah, yeh, realised its not going to happen.

Download dolphin browser hd and then you can change the user agent.

Right-ho - will try that. Thanks.

Well I just about managed to get it to work. It's REALLY buggy - once it's in www.icloud.com it seems to freeze the screen so moving about is quite random, won't zoom in or out .. BUT it did log in and it did track MrMin07 to somewhere on Mac 4 .... which is a start!

Does he know you're stalking him? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Does he know you're stalking him? Lol
    absolutely. He wants me to test our system so we can check how well it works. I think I have a solution - I think what I need to do is to use my Tab to create a wifi network and then connect my iTouch to it, then use the Find my Friend app on the itouch instead of find my iphone.

The context is Oxfam Trailwalker. It REALLY helps re support to know exactly where the team is at any point in time, and to be able to predict with a high level of certainly when they will reach a checkpoint so you can be there with food, clothes etc, and not have to wait around given the limited space and parking at the checkpoints. The teams are running much of the way, meaning that making phone calls/email/text messages are all a pain, whereas just being remotely tracked without having to do anything saves them effort.

Last year I just carried around a laptop all day and connected by mobile broadband, but that is somewhat inconvenient in a country park and when you are also carrying bags of clothes, food, drinks, shoes etc etc etc!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast