Like Tree7Likes

The Future - by Microsoft

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Future - by Microsoft

Amazing video, alot of this stuff will happen, question is, do we really want to be that connected?

Productivity Future Vision (2011) - YouTube

What amazes me is the quality of the production, real though has gone into the making of it, down to the details.

Check this out, the video is about 'the future' and which MTR station do they use?
    Sai Ying Pun ! damn clever.

shri likes this.

Then the system crashes and you are totally screwed!

Creative83 likes this.

East_coast likes this.

Corning Glass did one very similar to this:

All is good as long as the voice command garbage doesn't catch on, people are loud enough talking on their phones without talking to their phones as well.

meh....boring video. lots of this stuff has already been in scifi films and made to some working level in prototypes today. but i agree with one youtube poster that talks about environment. where is the interaction with "life" there? there was no real green, no nature, no animals, limited personal interaction, nothing on improved living in sync with nature.

thats the future i want to know...are we going to end up with a world covered by shoulder to shoulder zombies shopping like MK, or are we going to develop better technologies to allow for improved society as a whole. something that allows for better living on a world scale, as opposed to the 3 seconds it will save me on emails.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    meh....boring video. lots of this stuff has already been in scifi films and made to some working level in prototypes today. but i agree with one youtube poster that talks about environment. where is the interaction with "life" there? there was no real green, no nature, no animals, limited personal interaction, nothing on improved living in sync with nature.

thats the future i want to know...are we going to end up with a world covered by shoulder to shoulder zombies shopping like MK, or are we going to develop better technologies to allow for improved society as a whole. something that allows for better living on a world scale, as opposed to the 3 seconds it will save me on emails.
    Yes, I think there is so much more that should/could be possible, given some thought.

I.e. a device that reads your thoughts and speech that could instantaneously translate your speech into one universal language. Imagine travelling to a foreign country and being able to communicate easily with anyone.

Don't animals communicate? Why haven't we been able to decipher their language in order to communicate with them? Imagine actually encountering Extra Terrerestials...it's highly unlikely we'd be able to talk with them considering we can't even talk with creatures we've lived with for hundreds of years.

What a surprise, handheld devices become thinner, faster and even more integrated.....who'd have guessed it?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Corning Glass did one very similar to this:

Wow.....teaching will be revolutionised....that wall where they were teleconferencing, amazing!!!!

It's a humble approach on what could be our environment of technology - all those simple, wave-hand-here, touch-there, smile-and-then-point-to-picture, copy-and-paste; but none of that would be ever possible without Internet Protocol.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast