Change PCCW 8M to HKBN 1000 - keep NOW TV ?

Closed Thread

Change PCCW 8M to HKBN 1000 - keep NOW TV ?

My building only has PCCW 8M, so thinking to change to the HKBN 1000 service (cheaper anyway)
    Currently subscribed to NowTV - any way to keep NowTV after the change ? Saw an old thread that mentioned it was impossible to plug the NowTV box into an existing router - is that still the case? Does NowTV require Netvigator ? (When I renewed 3 months ago, PCCW said it could be used with any ISP...after scanning the forums here looks like that is not the case ??)
    Cheers

I had NOW Tv and Netvigator and changed to the HKBN 1000 fibre service with problem.

NowTV only works with netvigator router, but you can have it running standalone with no internet service and then get your internet from somewhere else. I do this now because my building provides free internet. Also they dont charge any extra for this and you can get the same sort of channel promotions as anyone else who uses netvigator (eg buy more than $148 worth of channels then you can buy-1-get-1-free type of deals, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    NowTV only works with netvigator router, but you can have it running standalone with no internet service and then get your internet from somewhere else.
    I'm using Netvigator with their modem, but my own router...right now the NowTV box is plugged directly into the modem...Is it just a question of opening the right ports on the router ?

Hey....does 1gbps actually work?

I have 100mbps and I get like 2-3MBps, which is what, 16-24mbps. I'm sure I have the capital letters wrong. I have at times got faster, but I'm guessing if I had 1gbps that I would never get close to it.

Anyway, it's through 3 broadband and it cost 99 or 109 per month for 12/24 months, and no extra fees (make sure they don't try to add extras).