New internet broadband offer from NWT

Closed Thread

New internet broadband offer from NWT

Folks,

As you may know the internet Broadband market in HK is dominated by PCCW Netvigator, followed by HGC, iCable, HKBB, etc.

You may be interested to know that New World Tel is about to launch their consumer product very soon. It appears quite attractive (6M @1xx), information is attached with prices and contract terms, + signup gift offers (camera or lcd mon).

If you are interested, a friend of mine at NWT can refer you to join, and you'll receive additional $100 Wellcome cash coupon as well.

PM me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch.

Yes it's a tough market, no doubt about it. Each operator has their own feature set and NWT may be appealing to some who are looking to / are able to switch.

It would be nice to have a web page that is neutral and would have all the major players' (PCCW, NWT, icable etc), compare its services and prices and commitments.
    I am sure alot of us has done this before signing up.

i hear you, chikakeru, too bad there isnt a site like www.whirlpool.net.au for the HK broadband market, (even if there is one, i sincerely doubt it'll be in english too)

The market here is extremely dynamic - new offers all the time - it would be more or less impossible to keep such a site up to date. Putting the "official" published tariffs up wouldn't help at all since few people pay them.

There is a consumer magazine (in Chinese) "Choice" that tried a few years ago to do just that, in fact I believe some of the street vendors still refer to it (especially those who were presented in a better light) Problem is that the operators change their offers so often it's hard to exactly compare prices/services/value and have a basic apples to apples comparison.