Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy

Directions to Mong Kok computer center

Closed Thread

Directions to Mong Kok computer center

Hello
    I am new to Hong Kong. I heard about the Mong Kok computer center for computer end electronics stuff, but I cannot find it on Google maps. Can anyone give me directions?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by turboman:
    but I cannot find it on Google maps
    Here it is on Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/5u4rw
    Joseph098765 likes this.

Actually, with crowded mongkok, you can easily miss it - just ask anyone around there and they will show you.
    Here is what it looks like with no crowds:
    nelson street - Google Maps

I find that 298 Computer Centre in Wanchai offers the best value

Work your way up from 1st floor to 3rd floor, things are cheaper the higher up you go

Map and directions.

298 hennessy road - Google Maps

How to get to 298 Computer Centre from Wan Chai MTR A4 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    I find that 298 Computer Centre in Wanchai offers the best value
    I've never found this to be the case.
    More convenient (as I live on the island) for sure. Better for sanity as well as its not as busy....

But better value? I disagree with that one. MK has a lot bigger selection and better prices to boot. If you dont mind the crowds, and the time to shlep up to MK, its better overall...

Our Location | Mongkok Computer Centre 旺角電腦中心

I've never found MCC particularly interesting though- it seems to have less selection than Wan Chai or Sham Shui Po.

Sham Shui Po has more shops... though still most of them carry exactly the same products. As far as I can tell, the main thing about SSP is that the stores there have better case selections.

I've found MCC not to be that interesting anymore. I've switched more to Golden and WCC. Price difference has been minimal on the items I've bought recently, with a 3TB hard disk being about $50 cheaper in Golden and with an ink cartridge being $25 cheaper in WCC than in Golden.

I've always found Golden in SSP to be a more reliable place when I'm after a particular thingamy. Cramped and awkward, but they have the stuff. Admittedly for anything of any value I usually make a bee-line for Centralfield in SSP or Jumbo in MK, I've returned stuff to them no problems.

If none of them are enough, head to the electronics market near Huaqiang Road train station in Shenzen, geek paradise!