What do you think about your ISP

Closed Thread

Thumbs up What do you think about your ISP

Hi guys,

I'm moving with my girlfriend for a year to Hong Kong and we're sorting out logistics. We're moving to the New Territories (hopefully Tai Po) and obviously my priorities concern internet access

Could you guys let me know what service provider you're with in Hong Kong and what you think about them? Broadband speed and price would be great too!

Thanks!

There's no point in telling you broadband speeds are available, as the physical lines at the property you will be staying will determine that. I can say super-duper 150Mb speeds, but then you might be disappointed when you turn up that the max speed is 4Mb.

I'm with PCCW and are happy with them. Speed in this building is crud, so I put up with it as much as I can.

I have 3 broadband.

109 per month, 12 months, 100mbps.

Usually fast but you are also limited by the servers you are getting the information from.

I do not think 1gbps would be faster as I can not max out my 100mbps now. Maybe exceptions for downloading things from Apple and Google which always seem super fast.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Good to see you have your priorities sorted haha i have now .. it is ok..reliable enough fast enough in terms of throuput.. latency for gaming seems poor..

Overall good enough