Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anothercanuck

HGC v HKBN

Closed Thread

HGC v HKBN

So now HGC is in my building. Its offering pretty much the same deal as my existing HKBN contract (apart from a longer commitment period, but I'm trying to negotiate that down).

Speed wise will be exactly the same, dedicated 100M symmetric connection to HKIX [business broadband connection].

HKBN generally as been fine for internet, it can be a bit slow on foreign sites mind you, but for downloading I've pretty much been able to max it out. Slightly crappy CS, but its HK, what can I expect?

I am tempted by HGC, esp if I can get a better international connection.

Any experiences with HGC here?

Thanks!

I've been with HGC for 3 years and just renewed. Even though I have a slow (10M) connection, cust service is very acceptable. They show up on time or earlier for service (3 issues with slowdowns in 3 yrs) and follow up after to make sure everything is okay. They were very explicit about the terms when I re-signed, making sure I understood the details. Now if only they had a faster connection to my building...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    I've been with HGC for 3 years and just renewed. Even though I have a slow (10M) connection, cust service is very acceptable. They show up on time or earlier for service (3 issues with slowdowns in 3 yrs) and follow up after to make sure everything is okay. They were very explicit about the terms when I re-signed, making sure I understood the details. Now if only they had a faster connection to my building...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Thanks for that.

I should clarify, while this is for home use it will be for a business connection (as I live in a commercial building). As such, I will be dealing with HGC (rather than Three, which is their consumer brand) business team. I hope their business team CS is as good as their consumer brand.