Is PCCW working?

Closed Thread

Is PCCW working?

Suddenly none of the wifi on the boat is working.

All my computers connect to my time capsule normally (which I think acts as a router) and now they all say they are looking for a PPPoe host. Whatever the hell that is.

Was fine this morning and nothing has changed since then!

Any ideas? COuld this be due to some external event (ie PCCW not working in my area/fault in the marina) or is it more likely to be a problem inside the boat.

Any suggestions? I have tried the obvious "switch it off and on again"!

EDIT: MrMin normally deals with this. And he's on holiday in Europe for a week .....Grr.

Their network is up for me. You need to switch off everything: the Netvigator box, your time capsule and your computer. Then switch them back on, Netvigator box, then router then computer.

Do you have a fixed phone on the line as well? If so, does that work?

Working for me now as well. Same thing happened to me twice in recent month. Phoned their hotline and was told to do as Gruntfuttock said. Only thing is that you need to wait 5 minutes before you switch everything on again.

Thanks guys. I realised one of the items was on a different circuit to the rest and didn't get switched off the first time I tried this, so I fixed that and rebooted and, touch wood, back online. Weird! Thanks.

Something happened to us yesterday in Sai Kung with PCCW. Also with Wharftt this morning in the office. Had to reset everything numerous times and also log back into our account through the modem.