Like Tree7Likes

Windows 8 RTM

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Xbox 720: “new Xbox” is “coming out with Windows 8″

Xbox 720 is “coming out with Windows 8,” according to what could be a slip-up by Microsoft general manager Brian Hall.

Xbox 720: “new Xbox” is “coming out with Windows 8″ | VG247

Not a chance.

Have used the previews on a VM....Downloading the RTM now, will take the plunge this evening and wipe out my W7 install.

RTM out on Technet and MDSN.

Also Win 8 Enterprise available for 90 day trial.

I think this is pretty smart to have the one operating system that goes with tablets, phones and computers.

Remains to be seen how the new Start screen works out....haven't used any of the previews enough to really find out.

Looking forward to getting hold of a Surface tablet though...love my windows phone, it's a great touch interface

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    Looking forward to getting hold of a Surface tablet though...love my windows phone, it's a great touch interface
    As per Internet policy, no adulation of a platform can go without snarky comments from fan boys of other platforms

<snark> Android blah blah bla... iOS bla bla bla blahhh .. Symbian [crickets] </snark>

Have owned and used them all, all have their pros and cons, I just use what works for me and don't give a crap what people think, they are just tools!

Installed Win8 this evening....was up and running in 20 mins with everything working, stuck Office 2013 on as well. The switch between metro and desktop is still a bit jarring, but most of the time you are on the desktop.

It's very, very fast though, I like that part.

Still umming and aahing over whether it is worth breaking out visual studio and knocking up some Metro apps and sticking them on the store for beer money

Been running it for over 2 months now and the only sore point i felt was the absence of the start button, but you learn your way around it. if you like the metro screen you would not miss the start button.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    RTM out on Technet and MDSN.

Also Win 8 Enterprise available for 90 day trial.
    Pardon my ignorance but is "RTM" the same as "Release Preview"?