HKBroadband 100mbs

Closed Thread

HKBroadband 100mbs

Was reading in the SCMP about HKBroadband's new 100mb service.

Does anyone have it? Any big difference over i-cable or netvigator or any of the other (now) medium speed broadbands? Wonder if they have a month-to-month arrangement or if it is still 1 year plus...

I've got the 100mb/s connection in the serviced appartment im in at the moment. Its really good! I download a lot of torrent files (tv,movies etc) and have had download speeds of 414 k/s, average about 40-50k/s.

>>100mb/s connection in the serviced appartment im in at the moment

what is the isp?

Hmmm. That's pretty nice. But 414k/s is the equivilant of 33mbs, not the 100mbs advertised. (1000 bytes / 1k of data = 8 bits of data if I remember properly). I suspect you might have overtaxed the other guys who aren't able to upload that fast. Still, I'd take it.

I think it is hgcbroadband? I read about it in the SCMP on Thursday I think.

I get 550 kbps with icable....from an FTP in the US...

Generally you have to be very carefull when it comes to broadband ISP and their advertised download speeds. Don't believe any crap they try to sell you until you find out by yourself the truth. Most sales ppl who do a door-to-door sale try to convince you on the spot to subscribe with the excuse that the offer is not available through other sales channel. The best way to find out is to get input by ppl who already are using the service.

For the last 4 years I've been using HKNET (now I am using a 3Mbps Down/512Kbps Up ADSL connection). I am satisfied with the performance (can reach aprox. 350KB/s) and the price

Cable internet is another story.. You share your bandwidth with other users in the area. So if your neighbours are 24/7 into downloads, well, then you know what that means

I'm one of those 24/7 downloaders

I better not ask what you download 24/7 :P