Gaming laptop in HK

Closed Thread

Gaming laptop in HK

Does anyone know a good shop to get a decent gaming laptop in Hong Kong? An online shop would be okay too.

Also, it seems like gaming laptops are overpriced in HK for some reason...I searched up the Lenovo y580 on price.com and it costs $3000 more than the price quoted on newegg.com

Any idea why?

Not sure, but 298 is a dying mall. Lenovo is large enough they shouldn't require middleman to do the work for them. Why not haggle a bit with the price you see in newegg while taking into consideration the difference in rent expenditure between 298 and newegg.

Last edited by Creative83; 09-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

it costs HKD 7980 if bought through CITY U OR BAPTIST U...Also have the monthly installment plan.

https://www.hknotebook.com/np12-city...r_select01.jsp

Last edited by shafiq; 10-12-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    it costs HKD 7980 if bought through CITY U OR BAPTIST U...Also have the monthly installment plan.

https://www.hknotebook.com/np12-city...r_select01.jsp
    So sad the original newegg price = student price in HK.

http://www.hknotebook.com/nop/cityu2...ovo/product/14

Sorry for the broken link posted earlier...

Thanx for the help everyone! The student price does at least seem reasonable compared to the original.

Hopefully we get a website like newegg in HK sometime soon..

There's also different Y580 models. Newegg's may be a slightly different model. I've found that unless there's a sale in the US, prices in HK will be comparable unless you're buying a parallel import US model in which case you pay more AND don't have a valid warranty.

Price.com.hk is basically a listing of products online. Shops will post their prices and info, and if you like the info, you can go to the shop and buy. Some of them offer online purchase/delivery options.

Also, I have a Y560p that I'm preparing to sell (just got a desktop) if you're interested. Radeon 6570m, i7 2630QM, bluray, 8gb ram, 640HDD, perfect condition since I have it hooked into a keyboard, mouse, monitor and basically leave it at home as a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead2k1:
    There's also different Y580 models. Newegg's may be a slightly different model. I've found that unless there's a sale in the US, prices in HK will be comparable unless you're buying a parallel import US model in which case you pay more AND don't have a valid warranty.

Price.com.hk is basically a listing of products online. Shops will post their prices and info, and if you like the info, you can go to the shop and buy. Some of them offer online purchase/delivery options.

Also, I have a Y560p that I'm preparing to sell (just got a desktop) if you're interested. Radeon 6570m, i7 2630QM, bluray, 8gb ram, 640HDD, perfect condition since I have it hooked into a keyboard, mouse, monitor and basically leave it at home as a desktop.
    How much are you selling it for?

I've sent you a message