Usenet indexes

Closed Thread

Usenet indexes

Any reliable ones left? Been a bit of a blitz this weekend

Afraid its got very tricky recently and the private ones are no longer accepting new signups. I think you may have to wait a few months for things to settle down and then the private indexers will start opening up sign ups or allow invites.

With NzbMatrix & Newzbin gone now its getting harder.

The other option is to sign up to a provider which provides a downloader like giganews or newshosting.

binsearch.info is always a last resort for me, as a rudimentary search which also lets you know if files are complete or password protected.

but generally i try to stick with:
    NZB.su
    NZBsRUs.com

There's a few others I'm trying to get registered with, but not in yet.

Are there any legit video services that are worth using in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    binsearch.info is always a last resort for me, as a rudimentary search which also lets you know if files are complete or password protected.

but generally i try to stick with:
    NZB.su
    NZBsRUs.com

There's a few others I'm trying to get registered with, but not in yet.
    Those especially NZBsRUS are next on the hit list. I know a guy who was involved with the crackdown. They are also planning on going after the Usenet providers like Astra, Giga etc soon so its best not to prepay for a year in advance.

Original Post Deleted
    Www.google.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Those especially NZBsRUS are next on the hit list. I know a guy who was involved with the crackdown. They are also planning on going after the Usenet providers like Astra, Giga etc soon so its best not to prepay for a year in advance.
    Going after the likes of newzbin and nzbmatrix is one thing, going after the likes of giga, astra, highwinds is another things all together.

Newzbin / nzbmatrix were pretty much a bunch of dudes running indexers from home.

Giga / Astra and especially highwinds are serious corporate players with revenues of millions of dollars, who have enough money to spend on decent commercial lawyers.

But I guess we'll see. No-one expected banks like Lehman to fail, so I guess no-one knows what will happen.

A good sickbeard/SABNZBD/Newzbin/Couchpotato/giganews setup was pretty much the perfect TV/Movie service, I'd happily pay for a legit equivalent.

You just told it what TV shows you want to follow, and they are just there, in perfect HD within a few hours of being aired in the US or wherever. Local HK server + 100mb line means even 1080p stuff takes a matter of a few minutes.

Wombles Index seems to be still working OK at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    A good sickbeard/SABNZBD/Newzbin/Couchpotato/giganews setup was pretty much the perfect TV/Movie service, I'd happily pay for a legit equivalent.

You just told it what TV shows you want to follow, and they are just there, in perfect HD within a few hours of being aired in the US or wherever. Local HK server + 100mb line means even 1080p stuff takes a matter of a few minutes.

Wombles Index seems to be still working OK at the moment.
    Just replace Newzbin with the countless Newzab indexers that are popping up and you are good to go. I'm doing pretty much that set up at the moment.

If you want to pay you can get Hulu+ with a DNS redirection service.