Like Tree3Likes

Security warning: Please turn off Java

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last edited by pin; 14-01-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    drumbrake likes this.

Thanks pin. Saw that in the Standard too this morning

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...414&con_type=1

For those of us that use bank websites (and have to pay tax this week), worth waiting for the update? If we turn off Java, will bank websites still work?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You could use PPS to pay your tax. I don't think it uses Java (but I'm prepared to be corrected/updated).

I can't get the etax website to work on ANY computer or ANY browser except a very old PC running an old version of explorer. F'ing awful site!

Lootoo likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I can't get the etax website to work on ANY computer or ANY browser except a very old PC running an old version of explorer. F'ing awful site!
    They probably call it a "security feature".

My first instalment is due tomorrow, which the IRD will ensure goes through for me. *smug*

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    They probably call it a "security feature".

My first instalment is due tomorrow, which the IRD will ensure goes through for me. *smug*
    I use tax certificates. Except for being unable to check the balance easily because of the crappy website, this does at least ensure if I can't get in the money does get paid. The only reason then to go onto the site is to do the tax return once a year.....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    use a modern browser that will pretend is an older browser. On safari you can activate debug menu and change your user agent to one of the approved browsers. usually works for me on shit sites like the HK IRD one.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    use a modern browser that will pretend is an older browser. On safari you can activate debug menu and change your user agent to one of the approved browsers. usually works for me on shit sites like the HK IRD one.
    you can do this with IE also: F12 then "Browser Mode:" allows you to switch back to IE7 or 8

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    you can do this with IE also: F12 then "Browser Mode:" allows you to switch back to IE7 or 8
    people still use IE?

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    people still use IE?
    Yes, more than 50% of people (depending on which survey you believe), for better or worse use IE, i.e. the majority of web users still use IE (no pun intended, or was it?)
    Last edited by pin; 15-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast