Like Tree2Likes

Which stores offer a free downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7!?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Im interested in this one

I've got a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga....lovely bit of kit. Windows 8 is fine on a desktop, but really makes sense on a touchscreen/convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    This one looks really interesting to me if and when I figure I'm dropping the Mac Airbook and switching back to Windows.

http://www.dell.com/hk/en/p/xps-12-l221x/pd?&ref=hbn
    That looks seriously cute Cute enough to give the MacbookAir a run for its money....

If Windows 8 is an issue then you can either look for stores that still sell Windows 7, or switch to Linux Mint with WINE.

I don't really want to have to buy an extra copy of a Windows OS just because their new OS isn't an improvement. I'd rather see them just giving me the option to choose Windows 7 instead of 8.

Linux isn't really an option yet out of fear that many graphic design programs and games won't work on that.

Perhaps in a few years when Android/Linux/Ubuntu has gotten a much larger marketshare and thus software support. Something that will hopefully happen now that tablets and phones are mostly using Android and the Steambox and OUYA will be coming out this year and next year.

I held out with W2k to the bitter end, and again with XP, but ultimately had to upgrade to W7 due to fecking driver issues: hardware manufacturers declining to release drivers for use with older OSs. I quite like W7, though, so will again be grasping onto the last bit (er, byte?) in a few years...

Good luck with the "free downgrade" idea, but I don't see any incentive for anyone in the supply chain to give it to you (for free). W7 Home Premium (OEM) is around GBP80 or HK$950.