Like Tree2Likes

Overseas internet slowdown?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No issues whatsoever on PCCW & HKBN.

those of you commenting, is your feedback based on earlier this morning? Or only this afternoon?

As I stated, mine is back to normal since around 12ish, but from about 8-12 I was having international sites (except Geo) crawling.

My feedback is not based so much on today but every evening. I think it is because my hkbn connection is shared with the whole building (high rise) and so slows down when everyone is home.

Just signed up for PCCW fibre to the home, (not shared with everyone) 200M connection.

installation on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    My feedback is not based so much on today but every evening. I think it is because my hkbn connection is shared with the whole building (high rise) and so slows down when everyone is home.

Just signed up for PCCW fibre to the home, (not shared with everyone) 200M connection.

installation on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes!
    I've got PCCW 300M fibre-direct and it's lightning fast. Works especially well with newsgroups!

Have you tried doing a traceroute to the other sites to see what's going on? I did one to a CS Source server hosted on Dallas, Texas, and found out that my connection is routing through Amsterdam and across the Atlantic to get to it instead of through the Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    (not shared with everyone)
    !

(msg needs to be at least 10 characters)