On the hunt for a...HK based cloud server service provider

Closed Thread

On the hunt for a...HK based cloud server service provider

Hi, looking for a recommend on a HK based cloud server solution. Currently looking at a compnay called HK TI. Anyone any thoughts or good for a reference?

Kind regards Jeffb

I think a part of Amazon is in HK now, the remainder nearby in Singapore.

Why do you want a HK based cloud server solution? We were using Superhub before for an exchange solution but had lots of trouble. Now moved over to Office365 and its much better.

Also Amazon Web Services is a good option. Their data centers are in SG and Tokyo, but work fine for me in HK. They have cut costs dramatically by 40% over the last 12 months. I run some accounting servers on Amazon EC2 that have low usage in middle of month, and high usage at month end, so can use the elastic load balancing to reduce the RAM and CPU on the servers middle of month, increase at end. Amazon charge per hour based on how much ram and CPU I allocate. Its a fantastic service. The future of IT. I look forward to getting rid of the server room in my office one day!

What exactly are you looking at a cloud service for?

I have the same question on why HK based cloud? It doesn't really matter where it is hosted. Are you looking for hosting an ERP solution, HR solution, Marketing, Infrastructure?

Thanks all, for replying.

Actually looking to host a bespoke .ASP software plateform and SQL database.

Reason HK was simple HK office plus three mainland China offices all needing to access. Then we have a UK office needing to access during UK time.