Can't find this laptop in HongKong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't find this laptop in HongKong

I want to buy this laptop lenovo y580 but I can't find any store. The price in price.com is 25% more than the original price and I also don't understand Chinese text in their site.

Help me out? 😭

Quote Originally Posted by StrangePath:
    I want to buy this laptop lenovo y580 but I can't find any store. The price in price.com is 25% more than the original price and I also don't understand Chinese text in their site.

Help me out? 😭
    where is ur source for original price?

apart from contact details in price.com.hk

行 means official product
    æ°´ means grey import

I wouldn't bother with the Lenovo store. Went there a couple months ago, they didn't have any of the Y series.

I don't think the Y series is very popular in HK. Try DSC, Fortress, and Broadway first. Failing that, then CALL AHEAD to teh lenovo store. Why make the trip if they don't have it.

Long story short. Did my research. Lenovo laotopa meant to be awesome. For no fucking reason they didn't sell the model i wanted in HK so had to order via my home country Australia. The monitor broke down 2 x within a year. Hong Kong was good in HK but email service Centre is useless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Long story short. Did my research. Lenovo laotopa meant to be awesome. For no fucking reason they didn't sell the model i wanted in HK so had to order via my home country Australia. The monitor broke down 2 x within a year. Hong Kong was good in HK but email service Centre is useless.
    is lenovo still awesome?

Piece of cr@p.

my manager has a t series with i3 purchased 1 year ago, fine, no problems still retains ibm build quality ( one of the few china quality brands), he has received a sucessor model for work, same again, great

I had a Lenovo Y510, then Y560p. Lenovo skimps a bit on the Ideapad plastic quality, but I was going to get a new laptop this year and was going to get a Y580. They look fantastic and are generally good laptops. I would consider them good value for money.

HOWEVER. if you plan on gaming with it, the graphics cards in Lenovo laptops aren't the best. Though in an under 8000$ laptop, it's probably as good as you're going to get.

Alternatively have you considered the Z580? Saw one with full warranty for 6500$ on the Geoexpat forums!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast