New Bluetooth Mouse not working

Closed Thread

New Bluetooth Mouse not working

I just bought a new laptop lenovo Y500 and it came with a free wireless mouse. The brand is from EagleTec.

Model:

Dozer 2.4g
    10001 15001 2000 DPI
    Wireless Optical Mouse

the mouse comes with this small NANO USB. I plugged it in but nothing happens. The instructions is in Chinese which sucks for me. And I cant find the turn on and off button in the mouse, don't know even if there is one.

Ah the free bundled mouse.
    Don't forget though that it may not be compatible with your version of windows.

I assume you have windows 8?

yes i am on windows 8

dang!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangePath:
    yes i am on windows 8

dang!!
    Yup that's your problem, friend bought a Logitech mouse for $900 and it wouldn't work on his windows 8 machine. Had to return the mouse.

It seems odd that a USB device (and one that comes with the PC) wouldn't work on Windows 8. This could be an issue with a missing driver, a matter of syncing the receiver with the mouse, or having good batteries. For the driver issue you might try running Windows Update to see if there's a new driver. If there's a button on the receiver, push it and then do the same on the mouse. Also, try using a different USB port.

There are some more things to try (such as looking in Device Manager) but I'm not sure how much time you want to spend on fixing a cheap mouse. It might be easier to just take your laptop to the store and try out a new mouse. Good luck!

The Y500 has Bluetooth built in, thus you do not need a dongle,

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/te...y-series/y500/

Bluetooth mice are a bit unfortunate, they require manual pairing every time the battery goes flat. Follow the instructions in Windows 8 to pair a new Bluetooth device and it should work.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...ouse/bluetooth

Otherwise just buy a non-Bluetooth wireless mouse, the battery will last longer and will be more convenient, e.g. Microsoft 4000:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...tion/D5D-00053

Last edited by MrMoo; 10-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.

This is almost certainly not an actual bluetooth mouse - it'll be using a simpler proprietary 2.4G protocol, which is why it needs its own dongle. On the other hand, that should mean it looks exactly like any other regular USB mouse to the computer, so it should really Just Work[TM] even under Win8...

Quote Originally Posted by StrangePath:
    I just bought a new laptop lenovo Y500 and it came with a free wireless mouse. The brand is from EagleTec.

Model:

Dozer 2.4g
    10001 15001 2000 DPI
    Wireless Optical Mouse

the mouse comes with this small NANO USB. I plugged it in but nothing happens. The instructions is in Chinese which sucks for me. And I cant find the turn on and off button in the mouse, don't know even if there is one.
    Do you see a new driver installation when u plugged in the nano usb? Try different usb ports.

Also did you pair it...there shud be a butting on the mouse to pair..