Hi all -

I brought a Vonage VoIP device from the States and hooked it up to my HK broadband wired internet service. I get the dial tone and can make calls with no problem. But receiving calls is an issue - when I try calling my Vonage number, it directly goes to my voicemail and I have all forwarding-to-VM features turned off.

I spent some time with Vonage technical support and got reasonably convinced that the problem is not theirs - apparently certain ports (5060, 5061, 5062 and 10,000 through 20,000) of my network needs to be open so that I can receive calls.

I asked this question to HK broadband tech support and the representative sounded clueless - eventually they got back to me saying that those ports are all open. I checked back with Vonage and we did a network check and they are still closed.

I have a second call into HK Broadband, but wanted to see if anyone had the same problem or generally know a way to open these ports in HK broadband home network. Would a technicial visit be necessary? Thanks much in advance.