No contract broadband

Closed Thread

No contract broadband

Searched high and low for best no contract broadband. Cannot commit to their usual 1-2 yr contracts as not sure how long will stay in HK. Cheapest is i-Cable so far. Installation of $600 waived but monthly is $498 + $30 router hire. More than 3 months might be equivalent to full years contract. Any suggestions?

HKBN had an ad in the standard the other day for no contract bb.

Yes. 188 monthly for 100M...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

Thanks, unfortunately they don't cover this building. Strange since it's in the middle of Mid levels!

Is there an actual website we can go on and look up buildings in HK and see what type of broadband connections there are? Or am I dreaming?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Depending how much you use the Internet, you might consider a wireless 4G connection. CSL and SmartTone offer no contract services

For HKBN you can search on their website to see if it is available in your building.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Is there an actual website we can go on and look up buildings in HK and see what type of broadband connections there are? Or am I dreaming?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

I'm moving into whampoa in a week and it does look available.

Has anyone tried this? 100mbps is the part I don't believe

It will be 100Mbps to the HKIX.

No ISP anywhere in the world can guarantee specific speeds beyond the edge of their network.

Truth. Actually I just talked to a Hkbn rep outside my hotel and she told me this is not available in whampoa. I dont want to sign 2 years...