Apple - read later.....

Closed Thread

Apple - read later.....

I have an old 3GS and 6. sumting OS installed, notice the "add to reading list" function, i.e. download and read offline, but was told by A. staff that, yes, it's there but does not work with old 3GS models.
    Any way around this ? and I don't mean somehow installing OS 7 on it.
    And how long does it take to download a few pages newspaper article according to your experience, a few milisecs ?

Right now I use Chrome and download as pdf through printing, which takes some time

Also, have Mcbook air and ipodtouch the same capabilities ?
    Might buy either one some day

thanks

I have not used this, as I'm generally reading on the go ... but may be worth looking at.

http://www.instapaper.com/iphone

I use instapaper. Works well. You can save a bookmarklet in safari on your phone. You get it from the instapaper site. When you find a site, you can click on the save later bookmarklet and it will save to instapaper. When you open the iPhone instapaper app, it downloads the articles in text format - they are offline so can be read anywhere. If you have a kindle, you can also get instapaper to send you a text file with 10 articles at a time. Another similar app/service is pocket which works in the same way

Thanks, guys. That would help.

Does that mean that newer products as my 3GS, such as latest ipodtouch or McBook air don't have the add to reading list feature and it only comes with the iphones 4 or up ?

I think I have checked touch at the store and it had that function

Last edited by Morrison; 13-02-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Morrison - Our iPhone 3x definitely does not support the read later feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Does that mean that newer products as my 3GS, such as latest ipodtouch or McBook air don't have the add to reading list feature and it only comes with the iphones 4 or up ?
    Offline reading, or "Add to Reading List," is a software feature, not a hardware feature. In this case iOS 7 and OS X Mountain Lion.

Me know that ^^
    I even have this feature on my 3GS with 6. Something OS.
    But it just does not function n Apple staff told me it does not run on 3GS.

There are some clips out there that show how to upgrade 3GS to 7, never tried