Like Tree23Likes

Does anyone use Internet Explorer?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Does anyone use Internet Explorer?

I just tried to fill in a (corporate) profile on a website and was kicked off because it required "Internet Explorer 4.0 or above".

This seems wrong to me on so many levels!

It was a serious business platform - or so I thought - but now I wonder because I cannot believe any serious business platform would be so backward.

I tried it on safari (including having the user agent on) and chrome - same message both times - so I guess they mean it!

Is IE still common? Really?

Yes it's still common in the corporate world

IE4 ? you serious?

It cant be a serious business if they are still supporting IE4, which is close to 20 year old technology.
    IE4 was part of Win95 -- anyone still claiming to support such things cannot be serious in the way they do business on the web.

Or, they have an incompetent IT department with a useless CTO/CIO

IE 4 or above!
    Learn to read

Katherine, if you're using firefox, you can install the IE Tab plugin - very useful for this type of website BS.

HK_Katherine likes this.

I work for a software company and we still run it on Internet Explorer. I don't for personal use though, Chrome all the way!

According to link below about half of the world uses IE. But in true f*cked Microsoft fashion, it's four different verisons of IE with IE8 being the most popular (most current version is IE11).

Real time web analytics - Web browser market share

N.B. The wedge of the pie chart labeled "Other" could well include people using a version of IE older than 8.

Me: A little surprised Firefox share has fallen so much. Likely a huge factor in this is Android phones having Chrome as the default.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Katherine, if you're using firefox, you can install the IE Tab plugin - very useful for this type of website BS.
    Does that work for Hong Kong Government websites, e.g. IRD?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    IE4 ? you serious?

It cant be a serious business if they are still supporting IE4, which is close to 20 year old technology.
    IE4 was part of Win95 -- anyone still claiming to support such things cannot be serious in the way they do business on the web.

Or, they have an incompetent IT department with a useless CTO/CIO
    Easy, HC . . . Katherine's company is not exactly on the cutting edge of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    IE 4 or above!
    Learn to read
    I did, twice and I stand by my words.
    To make that claim the IT dept either tested it (waste of time) or they didnt test it (liars). Either choice points to incompetency.

I know a few that support IE6 - and they are numskulls too, but IE4 FFS ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast