Like Tree2Likes

Shipping Damaged Laptop to USA

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Questionsforyou:
    i don't think they want to repair it ... rather they want to have a look and assess the damage to the laptop for the claim.
    are you telling the whole truth? it seems that you want to send this laptop as oppose to questioning this request to the insurers, virtually all people will enquire and pressurize a company that request something that it's not really possible to achieve, esp, with the amount of effort?

have you actually asked the insurers why they have request this and why can't local repairer assess and send the report ( which most will do) to the insurers? also what brand is this laptop, have you ask the manufacturers/distributors for advice ( if they state that insurers are being unrealistic, then that more prima facie evidence to substantiate your claim)

please note I am in the insurance industry for the last 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    are you telling the whole truth? it seems that you want to send this laptop as oppose to questioning this request to the insurers, virtually all people will enquire and pressurize a company that request something that it's not really possible to achieve, esp, with the amount of effort?

have you actually asked the insurers why they have request this and why can't local repairer assess and send the report ( which most will do) to the insurers? also what brand is this laptop, have you ask the manufacturers/distributors for advice ( if they state that insurers are being unrealistic, then that more prima facie evidence to substantiate your claim)

please note I am in the insurance industry for the last 8 years

I have no reason to lie about it do I? LOL

I just know they want it sent over and I'm looking at options.
    Maybe they want to have a look at it themselves OR
    Maybe the Brand wants to make sure there isn't something faulty in that batch of computers OR
    Maybe they want to keep it

At the end of the day, if i can't find an option of getting it over perhaps i can convince them to drop the issue ... either way i need to do my homework before i turn around and tell them i can't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Questionsforyou:
    I have no reason to lie about it do I? LOL

I just know they want it sent over and I'm looking at options.
    Maybe they want to have a look at it themselves OR
    Maybe the Brand wants to make sure there isn't something faulty in that batch of computers OR
    Maybe they want to keep it

At the end of the day, if i can't find an option of getting it over perhaps i can convince them to drop the issue ... either way i need to do my homework before i turn around and tell them i can't do it!
    if they can't specify a reason, then there is no reason why it can't be assess here with the official distributor, also ask the insurer to settle the inspection charge directly with the HK official distributor as that saves the hassle, but settling yourself will save time

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4