Is my PCCW Modem Blocking Ports

Closed Thread

Is my PCCW Modem Blocking Ports

Hello,

I am trying to setup DynDns Remote access.
    DYN support says that everything is setup fine at their end and that it appears the ports are blocked.

I can access the router forwarding controls BUT am a bit lost. I cannot seemingly test any ports. Surely some ports are open for me to test. Then if i get some success I know what a successful testy looks like and can start to open specific ports.

Port 80 even failed!

I have the following setup.
    PCCW modem (NEC NTA3110), connected with one LAN cable to my Wireless router (TPLINK N750).
    DHCP is off on the Modem; and on for the Router.
    Internet works fine.

Any help appreciated, Simon

use this to test if the outside world can get into your ports
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Hi Rob2020,

Tried that before and now again!
    Session timed out! "Error - Could not see your service"

Why don't you call Netvigator Tech Support? I've found them consistently very knowledgeable and helpful over the years.

I tried that .. they told me there their modem does not block any ports ! Thats all I got from them. I feel frustrated that Ive reached a dead end. I honestly need a tech support guy to come to the home, but I as yet haven't met anyone that really knows their stuff.
    Ill call them again.

Hi Boatman.

What are you trying to achieve?

I have an ip cam. that I access remotely...I have PCCW and TPLink...it was a bit of a chew to get it to work but I got there in the end...

First thing I'd is to directly connect your computer to the modem (not using the router) to test then.

Ok I'll try connecting my PC directly.

I want to be able to remotely access my PC for some tech support requirement on my NAS.

The NAS can also be accessed remotely, which includes streaming music and photos. I work away from home a lot of the time.

i know PCCW have blocked 80 port already, maybe you can try to change it to 8080 or another port. btw have you ever tried to use Teamviewer for remote control your PC?

I use PCCW ADSL with their black modem and can access my NAS from anywhere without problem using changeip.com and/or synology.me