Like Tree3Likes

Where to buy computer components

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    But do have them open up the computer and check that each component is the one you paid for, or watch them build it.
    Is it really worth their hassle to fit the wrong bits in? Having had a number of PC's built up over the years never had an issue with substitution parts.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Is it really worth their hassle to fit the wrong bits in? Having had a number of PC's built up over the years never had an issue with substitution parts.
    I did, once. Admittedly 15 years ago when we were on our first Hong Kong stint, and Wan Chai CC was a bit less legitimate than it is now.

for non-professionals wanting to validate the parts in the box are the same as those on the receipt, get the shop to power it up and then install and CPU-Z

CPU-Z

Name:  6xQaEKW.png
Views: 1498
Size:  23.9 KB

Last edited by Rob2020; 03-08-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Wow! CPU-Z is still around??
    !? Last time I used it was 10 years ago.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I did, once. Admittedly 15 years ago when we were on our first Hong Kong stint, and Wan Chai CC was a bit less legitimate than it is now.
    I think they are a lot more above board these days. Having pissed off customers regularly shouting at them in the mall can't be good for business.

Buy PC parts in Wanchai PC shopping centre (next to C exit)
    or Kowloon Shum Shi Po Golden Computer Centre

hope this help

Anyone else feels that Mongkok Computer Center is dying? Seems like most people would goto SSP to buy their computer accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Anyone else feels that Mongkok Computer Center is dying? Seems like most people would goto SSP to buy their computer accessories.
    Totally agree - feels like the top floor will be closed pretty soon, more and more empty units there... Although I'd ascribe it more to people buying laptops - which come all-in-one - and tablets/phones, none of which are specialities of Mongkok.

If your in Wanchai. 298 Computer Zone is generally cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Totally agree - feels like the top floor will be closed pretty soon, more and more empty units there... Although I'd ascribe it more to people buying laptops - which come all-in-one - and tablets/phones, none of which are specialities of Mongkok.
    probably should rebrand the top floor as a phone mall.