Like Tree4Likes

Lastpass premium one year free (new customers)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,576

    LastPass premium one year free (new customers)

    Can't take credit for finding out about this deal, it was from here originally:

    Business as Usual: LastPass Premium - Free for 1 Year

    Appsumo are offering Lastpass premium for one year free, that's a saving of US$12. Originally it seemed the deal was available to existing users, but Appsumo have now changed the promotion so that it only applies to new users.

    I've used LastPass for a few years and think its great. I know some people are uncomfortable about storing their passwords with other companies, etc, so I guess that is their choice. However if you are happy using a password manager, you may want to give this one a try.

    Free Year of LastPass Premium

    Last edited by pin; 28-08-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    pkboy likes this.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    48,332
    ** Due to overwhelming demand, this deal is now only available to NEW LastPass customers **


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,576
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    ** Due to overwhelming demand, this deal is now only available to NEW LastPass customers **
    That's why I said so in the title!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    48,332

    Oops. Stopped reading at free.


  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mui Wo, Hong Kong
    Posts
    742

    Excellent, been contemplating using one of these services recently.


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,579

    I've been using LastPass for ages, it's great.
    I've recently added the Premium package using the free promo code, the only benefit I can see is being able to use the LastPass app on my phone, but to be honest that's not a very big deal to me...

    If you're going to be using LastPass exclusively on the PC, then the free version will do you well

    pin likes this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I've been using LastPass for ages, it's great.
    I've recently added the Premium package using the free promo code, the only benefit I can see is being able to use the LastPass app on my phone, but to be honest that's not a very big deal to me...

    If you're going to be using LastPass exclusively on the PC, then the free version will do you well
    I've found the mobile app to be very useful, especially as they have now updated it, so it can be used within other apps.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,579

    This time it's apparently for new or existing customers

    6 months

    https://lastpass.com/hbpromo.php?h=0...aritas+Finance

    AND - another 6 months if you have a .edu address!
    https://lastpass.com/edupromo.php

    Last edited by Rob2020; 13-12-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    pin and 100LL like this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,879

    What happens if the LastPass website(s) goes down and you do not have a cashed version on your computer?

    Would be great if they could automatically make an encrypted backup to a cloud provider (DropBox, Google Drive, etc). I have seen that in the Bitcoin world (blockchain.info can do that with the wallet).

    Last edited by 100LL; 13-12-2014 at 04:37 PM.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    This time it's apparently for new or existing customers

    6 months

    https://lastpass.com/hbpromo.php?h=0...aritas+Finance

    AND - another 6 months if you have a .edu address!
    https://lastpass.com/edupromo.php
    boo

    Sorry, your account has already participated in this promotion. Thanks for using LastPass!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast