Like Tree9Likes

None of my emails reach hotmail users

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

They don't bounce back, they simply disappear at the hotmail end, and the recipient sees nothing.

This is also a problem when our website sends out confirmation emails to people who have bought things -- if they are hotmail users, they don't receive that email.

Is there any solution to this or is it a common problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    They don't bounce back, they simply disappear at the hotmail end, and the recipient sees nothing.

This is also a problem when our website sends out confirmation emails to people who have bought things -- if they are hotmail users, they don't receive that email.

Is there any solution to this or is it a common problem?
    I think Microsoft already replaced the hotmail services by outlook.com long time ago

Microsoft's Hotmail To Be Killed By Early Summer, Replaced By Outlook | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Move your Hotmail.com account to an Outlook.com account - TechRepublic
    bookblogger likes this.

I still have a hotmail account; the only change is that I need to go to outlook.com to get the mail (actually it redirected to https://login.live.com ).

Are you sure the mail is not going to the junk mail folder? That said, I get hardly any junk mail through hotmail now - so maybe I am also missing mail?

bookblogger likes this.

I have 2 seperate folders in my inbox, one for mail sent to my old hotmail address and a folder for mail sent to my new outlook address.

bookblogger likes this.

Thanks. I had heard that hotmail addresses had been replaced by outlook ones, but just yesterday we received an order throgh the website from someone using a hotmail address. Our website automatically sent him a confirmation email in reply. But now today he's emailing us saying he hasn't heard anything. When I reply to his email, he won't receive it.

Looking on the web, I found some impenetrable stuff about SPF records, which are supposed to improve email delivery. I asked our webhosting company if they could implement this, but they said as our outgoing mail server uses Netvigator, we would have to ask them. Fcuk!

I don't get a lot of emails on my hotmail either. I use the account for free stuff (where you must enter an email in order to get something).
    The amount of crap emails I receive have been reduced tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Looking on the web, I found some impenetrable stuff about SPF records, which are supposed to improve email delivery. I asked our webhosting company if they could implement this, but they said as our outgoing mail server uses Netvigator, we would have to ask them. Fcuk!
    Actually what you have to do is to add an SPF entry to your own zone file of your domain name record. Thats where you specify which email servers you send email with. Thats where you would specify you send mail from Netvigator, your webhost (where the emails from your online store come from), etc.

You do not have to speak to Netvigator unless you fail to find out what servers/IP addresses they use to send mail. I assume this info is available inline somewhere.

Biznetvigator.com apparently uses:

Your domain name has an SPF record (v=spf1 a:smtp.netvigator.com a:ndmail.netvigator.com a:ndsmtp.netvigator.com a:imsavscan.netvigator.com aboasclean.netvigator.com a:fw01.hkg.hosting.nokia.com ip4:202.84.172.230/32 ip4:219.76.94.0/24 a:csdkim.netvigator.com ?all). This prevents email spoofing.
    I would still ask them though.
    Last edited by 100LL; 17-09-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Actually what you have to do is to add an SPF entry to your own zone file of your domain name record.
    Sadly you have lost me already!

Web hosting company just tells me not to bother with it if I don't understand SPF records, which I don't. That still leaves me with email delivery problems though.

Do you have a hotmail account? If you have try sending yourself an email from your system. check if it appears in the spam folders or not. If you don't receive it open a support case to hotmail(outlook.com) ask them if they can help as to why it doesn't get to your inbox. Note ask them as a hotmail user.

Sorry have't used hotmail for a long long time not sure where the support link would be somewhere under "Help" I'd guess.

bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast