Like Tree5Likes

Alienware

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alienware

Hi guys i am a small gamer i wanted to buy alienware x51 by hand by hand with cash but i see that they don't have dell shop in hong kong and i want to know if there is any shop that sell alienware x51 and tell me how much does it cost. Thank You

Last edited by Milan Gurung; 22-10-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Try top floor of the Mongkok computer centre.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I mean hand by hand cash pass not online purchase

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Try top floor of the Mongkok computer centre.
    Is there any near wan chai or causewaybay like times square ?

Can't find i want alienware x51 not laptops.

I suspect that outside of Dell retail stores (not sure if they still exist) then they are internet-order only.

Though for what looks like a pretty standard i5 with 8GB of RAM and 20th century spinning magenetic disk technology (i.e. no default SSD), $10K (or even more for extra RAM, but why do they even offer 16GB RAM on a gaming PC?) sounds pretty bloody ridiculous, and explains why Alienware PCs are so rare in HK, where you can usually just wander down to a computer centre and have a machine custom-assembled in 45 minutes for $150.

Unless there is some secret sauce to Alienware that isn't immediately obvious, I would just suggest getting a custom PC.

Last edited by jgl; 22-10-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Too late to properly edit the previous post: The $150 is obviously only the labour charge for the PC build, but I'm sure that a decently spec'd gaming PC is going to be less than 10K. The Alienware graphics card looks a bit low-end for a supposed gaming rig too.

imparanoic and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Too late to properly edit the previous post: The $150 is obviously only the labour charge for the PC build, but I'm sure that a decently spec'd gaming PC is going to be less than 10K. The Alienware graphics card looks a bit low-end for a supposed gaming rig too.
    alienware probably the Bang and Olufsen of gaming pc's,

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast