Business Broadband Router issues

Closed Thread

Business Broadband Router issues

It's need a long time since I was involved in using a PCCW Business Broadband connection but a new contract has brought me to one who has just connected with TWO 4x4 PCCW connections on TWO 4 port routers .

The Routers have two ports each taken up with VOIP connections ( These seem to have ports assigned because connecting the other VOIP to the other router does not give service ) and a Third Port connected to their WifI router ( a service we do not use ) which has a further 4 ports.

1) Connecting a PC directly to the spare main router does not give an internet connection.
    2) Connecting a PC to the WIFi router port DOES give a connection
    3) Connecting OUR own Wifi ( with 4 ports ) router to either available ports does not give us a connection and will not allow us to address OUR Router to set it up.

WTF is going on? Do they have selective port blocking now?
    Talking to PCCW they are quiet adamant they will not give out the main router user name or password ( used USER / USER ADMIN / ADMIN no go. ). They do not want anyone changing settings. In the past I remember having their box and just plugging a wifi router straight in the back and off we go. Seem times have changed.

In the end we want to marry up the two broadband inlets into a dual wan, VPN load balanced router and thence to our wifi routers.

IDEAS? SOLUTIONS?

Sorted it.