Like Tree12Likes

No broadband coverage at all?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Yup, you're 100% correct. Called PCCW again and they told me that there wasn't enough cabling to go around. That means, no phone, no internet, but for some reason I can get cable TV. Luckily my "unlimited" data plan on my phone didn't slow down too much after 6gbs so I can still use that, but my battery is suffering for sure. Maybe it's time to pick up one of those xiaomi 10000mah powerbanks?
    You can get cable TV? From whom?

Quote Originally Posted by dcwt2010:
    You can get cable TV? From whom?
    Probably Now cable because it's with PCCW?

Now cable runs on PCCW's copper ... if you don't have broadband from them, no chance of getting 'cable' from them.

i-Cable might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Now cable runs on PCCW's copper ... if you don't have broadband from them, no chance of getting 'cable' from them.

See that's what I thought, if he can get iCable TV then he can get their broadband as it can be on the same coaxial line.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Quote Originally Posted by dcwt2010:
    See that's what I thought, if he can get iCable TV then he can get their broadband as it can be on the same coaxial line.
    Well...I'm just repeating what the sales rep on the phone told me - no internet, no phone, but yes I can get cable TV. The broadband lines are all used up but I can get TV only after a $500 fee on top of my monthly bill.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Well...I'm just repeating what the sales rep on the phone told me - no internet, no phone, but yes I can get cable TV. The broadband lines are all used up but I can get TV only after a $500 fee on top of my monthly bill.
    Doesn't make sense, the pccw nowTV is internet based so would need a DSL or something to provide that. Do they have an alternate tech? Sounds like bull crap to me (their rep, not you).

Just to help anyone else who plans on moving...
    Check what type of services are offered BEFORE you move in. Very simple to do. Go here and it gives a map and how fast the broad band is. No excuse not to check. None.
    Home Broadband - Check Availability | Netvigator.com

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4