HKBN - no installation space

Closed Thread

HKBN - no installation space

Another HKBN thread!

Currently with another Internet carrier but I would like to add a second line (HKBN). HKBN does service my apartment complex but the company says there are no installation space available at the moment. Their exact wording is "the installation resources of your building are currently full so we cannot provide the service to you at this moment" and that they would check whether or not it's possible to add "more resources".

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how long does it usually take for it to clear? I know it's dependent on my apartment complex but surely there has to be a way to use a carrier that's available at my complex? Also... how do they hook up the line to the unit? I am guessing they have to pull a cable into the unit but what would be some reason(s) they would be unable to do so?

Ok enough questions for now... thanks for any info!

FYI the complex was built by Cheung Kong so HGC/3 is the default Internet provider.

HKBN uses FTTH (fibre to the home), so each building has a limit to how many units can actually be wired directly to the HKBN fibre box. (They don't use other carriers lines)

Have a look in your stairwell and see which floor the HKBN box is on, you should be able to trace the number of connections coming from that box.

Try finding a hungry sales-person, he/she may be able to pull some strings