Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrMoo

pressreader

Closed Thread

pressreader

How did I not know about this app?
    PressReader - Connecting People Through News

I was recently travelling and the hotels I stayed at provided sponsored access (free) to pressreader - this app is great, you get the full edition of print newspapers/magazines with clever enhancements (such as tapping a headline takes you into a 'reader' mode of the current article)

great app for news junkies - $30/USD a month or pay as you go
    pretty much all devices are supported, even Windows!

this has NOT been a sponsored endorsement!

The webpage is damn awful, scrolling up & down janks left & right for no reason whatsoever.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    The webpage is damn awful, scrolling up & down janks left & right for no reason whatsoever.
    Best to use on a tablet - the newspaper interface is the best I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    great app for news junkies - $30/USD a month or pay as you go
    pretty much all devices are supported, even Windows!
    Thats a steep price to pay for a generation brought up on free news.

Have you paid it? Is the content worth it? I can understand a better presentation but between Yahoo News, Google News, Reddit and a handful of Google Alerts, I get all I can handle - how will the extra $30/month going to enhance my experience?

I haven't paid... But I have used it, you get the exact newspaper /magazine.

If you currently subscribe to a couple of the magazines or papers you could cancel those subscriptions and go through this app (and get access to a lot of other content)

Anyway, I was glad access was provided by the hotels I stayed at, there are also cafes around the world providing sponsored access (none in HK as far as I could tell, surprise surprise...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I haven't paid... But I have used it, you get the exact newspaper /magazine.
    Except when you dont

It looks neat but I quickly looked up 2 magazines that I subscribe to, both are missing :
    The Economist & National Geographic