Like Tree1Likes

I Cable service outage

Closed Thread

I Cable service outage

Since this morning. Turning on/off didn't fix it. Went out and got home, still unconnected. So I call to ask about this and discover:

1) other persons in the building are having problems too;
    2) if the problem can be fixed without a site visit, it will be tomorrow (Monday)
    3) if someone needs to visit, they won't be able to come until Thursday.

How is it acceptable to leave me without Internet for 4 days? Are the other companies like this?

My contract expires in September so maybe I will bundle with SmartTone who already do my mobile phone. Has anyone tried their broadband offer?

I use i-Cable too, no experience yet with NO CONNECTION for a day's but as what I've heard i-Cable they have worst customer service and my contract will expired for 2years so maybe after that i'm going to change to PCCW.

Original Post Deleted
    I'm thinking pro rata refund - I.e 4/31 x (monthly subscription fee) - or should I go for more?

What provisions does I cable have for refunds? Consumers have very little leverage or rights with Telcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundrax:
    I use i-Cable too, no experience yet with NO CONNECTION for a day's but as what I've heard i-Cable they have worst customer service and my contract will expired for 2years so maybe after that i'm going to change to PCCW.
    Dont think PCCW is better, we had a lighting strike near our house on a thu evening, Internet died so called PCCW the following day, got told to do the usual, turn off router and wait and re-plug in, still didnt work, not that I hadnt tried it already a gazillion times, customer tech service said the internet signal was fine on their side, whoppee do so I will need to wait for a technician to come and have a look at my house, earliest is Sat evening, I agreed, come sat afternoon i get a phone call from the tech that he is nearby and can come now, Im on a boat out in the ocean so cant make it back right now but I had agreed to the evening visit, oh so sorry but we dont do evening visits, WTF the CS lied to me then, oh I dont know, I will come to your house tmrw morning.

Sunday 10 am the tech arrives and without evening touching anything, tell me that the lighting must have killed the router even though the lights are flashing and its still on, gets a new one out and plug in and vola the internet is back.

I asked him so every time there is a big lighting strike nearby the router is going to die on me, he replied unfortunately YES.

CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by Thundrax:
    I just want to say, you are super lucky guy without experiencing no connection from iCxble....

Yup. Lucky indeed. As for Deleted User's recommendation of asking for compensation...Nah. Don't bother. Yeah, they'll offer you free days compensating for the offlline period. AFTER YOUR CONTRACT FINISHES. So you have to wait untli the 24th month of frustration and pain to get those free days. They make sure to squeeze every penny of your contract first.